TRANSACTIONS FROM OLD WALLETS WILL NO LONGER WORK – CRITICAL UPDATE 0.8.7.1.
It is very important ALL wallets are upgraded for the transition to POSv
Please contact our support if you have any troubles or questions with your upgrade.
More exciting news and updates coming for PotCoin very shortly.
#### UPGRADING PROCEDURE ####
- BACKUP YOUR WALLET. Please make sure you properly backup your wallet first in case anything goes wrong. Save a backup of your wallet.dat file in a secure location.
- Download the NEW wallet.
- Upgrading to POSv will require a chain resync for ALL wallets. We have created a bootstrap file to get up and running faster with the new wallet.
You can download the bootstrap here: http://potchain.net/posv/bootstrap.dat
You are not required to use the bootstrap.dat file, you can simply let the new wallet sync up.
- Close your current PotCoin application if it’s running.
- Go to the PotCoin App Data folder.
For Windows: C:/users/YOUR_USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Potcoin
For Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/PotCoin
Delete everything in there EXCEPT for your wallet.dat file. If using the bootstrap file, place the downloaded “bootstrap.dat” in that folder as well.
- Install the new Potcoin 0.8.7.1 POSv Wallet.
- Open the new PotCoin wallet, it should be syncing up to the network now. Wait until wallet syncs and you are ready to go.
#### END OF UPGRADING PROCEDURE ####